Tuesday, April 10, 2012

News: 13th Age and Tabletop

There are some very cool things that have come up on the Horizon that have me excited.

The first is 13th Age, a game being authored by Jonathan Tweet (Ars Magica, Over the Edge, and 3e) and Rob Heinsoo (4e, Dreamblade, Three-Dragon Ante). This is basically a fantasy game with old-school sensibilities in its tone, and given the people involved, it will be right to my taste. The art on their page (http://www.pelgranepress.com/?p=7750) looks very neat and I look forward to hearing more in the coming weeks!

The second is the newest addition to the YouTube Geek and Sundry channel (a.k.a. Felicia Day and Friend's YouTube), which is the Wil Wheaton hosted TableTop. This is essentially a godsend as it is a normal (well mostly normal) show about geeky boardgames (and I hope one day RPGs) where the fact that everyone on the show being a gamer is not a joke (I'm looking at you Big Bang Theory). These are well dressed, well mannered individuals who don't live in their mothers' basements but enjoy gaming. I might be making a mountain of a molehill here, but shows like this give me hope that the gaming industry will live a good long time.

Be sure to check these out!

No comments:

Post a Comment